Sunday, January 14, 2007

Hello, 2007

I guess I am really overdue for a new post, eh?

I have been busy, and also not doing much knitting. Daniel came to visit in early December, and we finished up the year with a visit up north to my family. We also got to see Ingrid Jensen perform on New Year's Eve. The only thing I did in that period was finish a Branching Out scarf for my mom's birthday. It was in Rowan's Kidsilk Haze, which I don't think I'll work with again, despite its beauty. It was just too hard to work with, and fluff got everywhere.

I did order some Handmaiden Sea Silk for myself, in Rose Garden. It has a beautiful blend of rosy pink, shell pink, twig brown, and sage green. I've wound it up (so soft!) and am starting the Swallowtail Shawl with it. The impracticality of a lacy shawl in the middle of winter has occurred to me, but I'll love having it once spring actually starts.

In big, life-changing news, I just found out that the midwife school I was planning to go to in the fall will not be offering its program. This was a big shock and is forcing me to really evaluate what I want and try to figure out what to do next. This is a really hard time for me, but I'm trying to see it as a way to look at all the other opportunities I have and maybe bank on some of them.

Until next time!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh no, what a bummer about your school! What you should do is move to Portland. There are five or six midwifery students who come to the Wednesday open knitting night I attend, so there must be a program in the neighborhood. :) I hope this setback will turn out to be an opening to a rewarding path.

1:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home