Thursday, May 22, 2008

Chocolat

I have been keeping myself busy whipping up a nice warm sweater out of Malabrigo Merino Worsted. This is my first time using this yarn, and I'm very pleased (except when it's 100 degrees out!).

Check it out:



This colorway is Rich Chocolate. I've seen a lot of variations in it on other people's blogs, and I'm happy with the version I got. It's a rich brown, with hints of pink and gold shading. The color isn't quite variegated, but still has a lot of interest.

I've finished all the pieces of the Sienna Cardigan and am ready to seam it and add the collar. I like the simple yet interesting cable along the fronts:





As you can see, I added shaping to the waist that isn't there in the pattern. It appears to hit me just right, so I hope it looks good in the finished product. It will probably make its debut on Saturday, so stay tuned!

1 Comments:

Blogger Alli Kat said...

I love this pattern, but I wasn't sure if it would work on me. I guess I'll wait and see how yours looks!

5:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home