Thursday, May 01, 2008

Bee Shawl takes wing!

I finished my Bee Fields shawl yesterday and blocked it. Here are some blocking shots:


It starts with a little edging:

Then a beehive:


Now bees swarm from the hive:

Into the fields where they enjoy summer's bounty:




Full view:

This shawl is by Anne Hanson of Knitspot, a true lace genius. It is the first lace I have done with pattern stitches on both sides, which definitely got interesting! I think it is the most difficult project I have done so far.

The yarn is the Wooly Wonka laceweight merino in Tupelo Gold, a beautiful blend of yellows and grassy greens. I used size 4 Addi Lace needles.

Pictures of the shawl in action to come, once Daniel gets home from work!

I think spring has finally made it to southern Oregon! I was inspired by the beautiful blossoms right outside my house.



1 Comments:

Blogger susannah eanes said...

Omigosh this is so gorgeous. Found this page while searching for something else and just had to comment.

Beautiful work, and lovely flowers, too.

Best wishes,
Susannah

11:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home