Monday, February 06, 2006

Flower Basket Shawl!





First I gave her a bath.



I had to block it on my boyfriend's bed because mine is only a twin and the shawl wouldn't fit!



In the above picture, you see how purple the yarn can look. Below, you see the electric blue sheen. This is not a trick of the camera; the yarn does look very different in different lighting!

And finally, a bit of detail of the lace:

Specs:

Pattern: Flower Basket Shawl by Evelyn Clark

Yarn: Jaggerspun Zephyr in Iris

Needles: US 5

Begun: 10/05 Finished: 01/31/06

Number of Repeats: 17

I had this blocked in time to wear it for a performance on baroque flute on Saturday. I was very pleased with the results! I would probably do this pattern again (with fewer repeats), and I've certainly fallen in love with the Zephyr. Like I said above, this color ranges from warm purple to electric blue depending on the lighting. The sheen, softness and drape is exquisite! I've been wearing my new shawl as much as possible!

5 Comments:

Blogger Knittypants said...

So beautiful. I love the color and how it changes.

8:31 PM  
Blogger gourdongirl said...

I love your blog. The FBS was just wonderful. This is on my to do list, once I get the pattern.....

I enjoyed reading the rest of your blog, I too love knitting sox and am also a big fan of irish/scottish folk music.

1:19 AM  
Blogger meg said...

Love your shawl. I'm knitting the FBS for the Olympics and am using zephyr too. Did you use two strands?

7:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What fun to see it completed! It turned out so beautifully. I can't wait to see it in person tomorrow. We are looking forward to your concert!

8:43 AM  
Blogger Lucie said...

This shawl looks beautiful! I'm about to start one of my own with some leftover Zephyr. Did you double the yarn as suggested or use it single? I'd love to use it single stranded but am not sure what needle size to use.

10:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home