Thursday, July 19, 2007

Egg carton stage


My Shetland Triangle Shawl is nearly finished!

I have done ten repeats and am not sure exactly how much yarn I have left. I think what I will do is put in a lifeline, then do one more repeat and the edging. If I run out, I can rip back and just do the edging.

Amethyst Sea Silk is a lovely semi-solid colorway that ranges from deep blue-purple to a lighter red-purple. It's hard to see the variation on the screen.


My favorite part of this design is the way the rows of stitches flow back and forth in sinuous curves. I can't wait to finish and block it!

Tonight I should be finished with my sewing project (my first in a long time!). Stay tuned!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooooo, pretty! I got my hands on the sangria SeaSilk after all - some finicky customer returned her two skeins because she didn't think they matched well enough (lady, it's hand-dyed!), and I snapped them up. There's a Shetland pattern in Victorian Lace Today that I like, among others... Can't wait to see yours finished and modeled!

2:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home