Thursday, February 09, 2006

Doldrum Days and Sock Pals

The weather around here has been quite capricious lately. Some days get sunny, even warm, then the next day it rains. The taste of sun makes me long for spring, more than anyother year, I think. Spring colors and projects are constantly on my mind, now.

Something else that is on my mind is the project for my sockapaloooza pal. I really want to do something that she'll love, and I am also consistently indecisive. I'm pretty sure I want to use a pattern from Knitting on the Road by Nancy Bush. I'm torn between Conwy, Canal du Midi, and Friday Harbor. She said she'd like something with a pattern, but nothing "too lacy" which is fine with me (I've never done a lace sock). Is the Friday Harbor sock too lacy? I'm not sure. I have to try it sometime, because I love Friday Harbor and that whole area (I used to live somewhat near there). As for yarn, she loves Socks that Rock and likes blues, greens, reds, and neutrals. One possibility is sweetgeorgia's sock yarn in the River colorway:


I also might have a chance to go into Seattle next weekend and look at some Socks that Rock and Mountain Colors in person. I might wait until then to make a final decision. I am eager to start on these socks, and am also brainstorming goodies to send along. I'm glad I got to participate in this!

1 Comments:

Blogger Knitopia said...

Like that River colorway. Yet another yarn seller to go check out!

3:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home