Friday, March 24, 2006

Stash enhancement and a shrug

About a month ago, I got to take a trip to the Wet Side of my state and visited several yarn shops. Sock yarn is becoming an addiction! Here are some recent spoils:



Clockwise from center top: Mountain Colors Bearfoot in Juniper, Socks that Rock in Ruby Slipper, Koigu for my sock pal, Sunshine Yarns' Strawberry Banana, and Lorna's Laces Angora in Motherlode.

I started some socks for my mom in the Ruby Slippers, partly to test out the Conwy pattern. I like it a lot, so have started Conwys in the blue Koigu for my sock pal. Progress pics soon to come!

I also started the Regency Cabled Shrug from Interweave's website. I saw this knit up in a shop in Elsebeth Lavold's Silky Wool, and really liked the look. I thought the tag said it took two skeins, but I soon realized that wouldn't be enough, and ordered more. Here is the finished left side and right side in progress:












I actually finished the whole thing in time for a band trip to Reno, but still haven't blocked it. I think I like it, especially the color.

Coming up is the tale of my fabulous trip to Ashland, Oregon to check out a midwifery school. I bought more pretty things there, too! I'm also having fun knitting away on my sock pal socks, while agonizing over the size. Stay tuned!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What beautiful yarn! You do such nice work.

I'll have to ask you to recommend some good yarn stores in the Seattle area!

12:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hooray! Finally I can post comments!

I love the sock yarns, and I bet your shrug will look awesome. I have some socks on the back burner that I need to finish, because they're lovely and deserve to be shown off!

I bet your sock pal will LOVE those socks...what a great colorway!

7:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home