Sunday, March 26, 2006

Sockapaloooza update

Here it is at last, the beginning of a sock pal's Conwy sock! I was fretting about whether the size would be right, but now I think it will work out. It's a new experience for me to knit something without being able to try it on the recipient every few minutes. I'm trying it on my own foot, then allowing for more ease because my pal's feet are bigger than mine.

If you click on the picture, you can see the great stitch definition and color patterning of the Koigu. The Conwy pattern looks almost ripply, like waves. It's a really enjoyable pattern to knit, and feels great on my Crystal Palace bamboo size 1 dpns, which are smoother than any other bamboo needles I own. I may have the pair done by next week!

1 Comments:

Blogger Soggy Desert Rat said...

Love the socks! I've made several pair in Koigu and think it's a great yarn.

8:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home