Sunday, April 30, 2006

A Busy Time

Lately I have been extremely busy, so posting has been at a standstill. Something that has complicated that has been a lack of camera, as we can't find its battery charger. I have been knitting diligently, however, and soon will be able to show the fruits of my labors.

First, the Sockapaloooza socks are well and truly finished! At the last minute there was a slight change, and I'm happy to say that the recipient of my socks will definitely deserve them. The Conwy pattern is a lot of fun to knit (a good thing, because I've also started a pair for my mother!). This Koigu is very summery and bright, and reminds me of vacationing in the Mediterranean. I'll be mailing the socks out ASAP. Unfortunately I probably won't be able to get a picture of them before they go.

In other news, I have a flute recital and a thesis presentation coming up, and I've been working on the perfect project to accompany them--Clapotis. I'm probably the last person in the blogosphere to cast on for this wrap, but what the heck. I was able to get some Lorna's Laces in Motherlode on sale off Ebay, and am luxuriating in it. I've just started my last skein, and should be able to do 11 full repeats of the straight section. I can't wait to get a picture of this beautiful yarn. Unlike other motherlodes I've seen, this has some greeny turquoise along with the purple, rose and gold. I've christened her Scheherazade because of the richness of the colors and texture. We are working on the piece Scheherazade in both orchestra and my advanced conducting class, so strains of those gorgeous melodies are drifting through my head at all times, especially when I'm knitting.

My most exciting news is that my mother has joined our little online world and started a blog, as well as a hand-dyed yarn shop on Etsy. The address is www.rooskiedooskie.etsy.com, and her blog is in my sidebar. I hope you all check it out! She has beautiful sock yarn, some silk/wool, and a couple of her handmade Fortuny dresses up for sale. I'm probably going to give in and order some myself!

3 Comments:

Blogger Rooskie Dooskie said...

Thanks for mentioning my yarn! I have had several people look at it since you posted your update. I'm looking forward to hearing you play on Saturday!

10:41 PM  
Blogger alison said...

The pal you're knitting for is going to love those socks!

How exciting that your mom has started an etsy store. I'll have to check it out!

1:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

4:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home